Now that pineapple season is here, Pat can’t wait to try all the different flavors pineapple brings. Every year, Trader Joe’s brings back its Sweet & Spicy Pineapple BBQ Sauce, which Pat loves to use in her recipes. These foil packs are simple to make and add fun to grilling. You can also start making these quickly in your air fryer and change the ingredients to suit your tastes. Pat sincerely hope you enjoy it!
- In general, chicken thighs might be slightly juicier than chicken breasts. Whatever of these can be utilized in this recipe.
- Make sure to spray cooking on your baking dish so that nothing sticks.
- Before you serve the chicken, the internal temperature must be at least 165 degrees F. This will ensure that the chicken is fully baked.
- Use leftover chicken or chicken from a rotisserie to save time.
- You can also use frozen pineapple in this recipe.
- Check out our food blog for the latest recipes and even more than 100 other recipes to try.
Pineapple BBQ Chicken Foil Packs
- 2 cups bbq sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, coarse
- ½ black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 small chicken breasts without bones or skin (or 2 large breasts sliced in half horizontally)
- 8 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 1 small pineapple, cut into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-size slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-size slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 4 pieces
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Food: American
- Servings: 4 servings
- Calories: 654kcal
- Turn the oven on to 400°F.
- Mix BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken breasts and 1 cup of the BBQ sauce mixture to a large bowl. Put away for about five minutes. In another bowl, mix 1 cup of BBQ sauce with garlic, thyme, pineapple, bell peppers, and onion. Toss.
- Prepare 4 large sheets of aluminum foil that are 10 inches long. Divide the vegetables between the pieces of foil, leaving 2 inches of space on all sides. On top of each, put a chicken breast. Fold the sides of the foil packets that have been sealed.
- Put on a baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes in the middle. Start by removing and let rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
To cook in the oven, prepare your dinner according to the recipe’s instructions, then put the foil packs on a baking sheet and prepare food at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes, or unless the chicken is cooked all the way through and the peppers are soft.
The grill is great for preparing these tasty foil packets, especially a charcoal grill. Just make sure to flip the foil packets and often check the temperature inside when they’re done.
Using a meat thermometer:
Check the chicken’s thickest part to make sure it’s cooked all the way through. The heat should reach 165 degrees F.
Use a heavy-duty foil:
I like to make this recipe with sheets of heavy-duty foil because it helps keep any leaks from happening.
What is the nutrient value of this recipe?
One serving has about 25 carbs, 360 calories, 7 grams of fat, of which 1 gram is saturated fat, 20 grams of sugar, and 140 milligrammes of cholesterol. On the other hand, it has 26 grams of protein, 80 milligrammes of vitamin C, 60 milligrammes of calcium, and 545 units of vitamin A. These depend on the barbecue sauce and other things you use.
Pineapple BBQ Chicken Foil Packet Recipes (FAQ’S)
Can foil packs be cooked in the oven?
Absolutely! These BBQ pineapple chicken foil packs can be cooked in the oven. Just heat your oven to 400°F and put the foil packets on a baking sheet with a rim. Boil the chicken for about 20 mins or until it is fully cooked.
What type of barbecue sauce should I utilize?
Any BBQ sauce will work, but we think a spicy BBQ sauce and the sweet pineapple juices in this recipe make the best combination of smoky and sweet. But if you don’t like barbecue sauce, you could try teriyaki sauce.
Can I cook tin-foil dinners on a grill?
Yes! The grill is a wonderful place to prepare these tasty foil packets, especially a charcoal grill. Just make sure to flip the foil packet data often and check the temperature inside when they’re done.
Can foil packets be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can! Just follow the recipe to the point where it says to start cooking. Then, put the foil packets back together and put them in the fridge for up to a day. When you are prepared to cook, heat the grill or oven and prepare food as directed.
Must I use fresh pineapple?
You can use pineapple chunks from a can or even pineapple jam. Drain the juice before increasing it to the packet if you’re using canned pineapple.
Are pineapples good for you?
First, you should know that fresh pineapple is better than canned pineapple. But both are full of vitamins, minerals, and other good things for your body. It gives you 90% of your daily vitamin C needs and more than 100% of your manganese needs. This sweet fruit has antioxidants that stop inflammation and toxins from building up in your body.