Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges to become the new favorite recipe in your family. They are delicious, easy to make, take little time, and don’t need many ingredients. The outside of these homemade wedges is crunchy, and the inside is soft and tender. They go well with almost any protein I can think of, whether it’s a burger, a sandwich, or even a Buddha bowl.
Why aren’t my wedges getting crispy?
Most of the time, your potato wedges won’t get crispy because they are too wet. Make sure to blot your sliced potatoes with a paper towel to eliminate any extra water. They could also be in the air fryer basket too close. Ensure there is enough space for them.
Should I soak potatoes before air-frying them?
Yes, you should soak your sweet potato wedges in cold water for at least 30 minutes, but up to 8 hours is even better. This removes some of the extra starch that can make them soggy. After they’ve been soaked, drain them and pat them dry with a paper towel.
How healthy are sweet potatoes?
In just one cup of sweet potato, you get more than 100% of the recommended daily value of vitamin A, 65% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C, 50% of the recommended daily value of manganese, 29% of the recommended daily value of vitamin B6, and 27% of the recommended daily value of potassium. These tasty vegetables are also full of antioxidants, protein, and fiber and have fewer calories than white potatoes.
Why you’ll love sweet potato wedges cooked in the air fryer
Might I be a little bit crazy about sweet potatoes for anyone else? They are the best kind of potato, especially when the outside is crispy and the inside is soft. I could eat these spiced sweet potato wedges made in an air fryer daily.
They go well with almost any dish, especially my Healthy Pineapple Teriyaki Turkey Burgers. Unlike traditional skinny french fries, these thick-cut sweet potato fries are healthy, tender, and get crispy in the air fryer with NO OIL! This recipe is wonderful for people who like french fries.
They are the perfect sweet-and-salty snack or side dish because they are crunchy but soft. These air-fried sweet potato wedges are crispy, healthy, and the perfect side dish for a burger or BBQ in the summer. Your whole family will enjoy them, and you will love how simple they are to make and clean up.
- Try to cut the wedges into the same size, so they all cook at the same rate.
- For the best results, please put them in a single layer with space between them.
- Before you use your fryer, let it heat up for five minutes.
- You don’t have to use oil, but if you don’t, they may be drier.
- Maintain a close eye on them so they don’t catch fire. Cooking time will depend on how thick your wedges are and how big your air fryer is. Yours might not take as long.
- Choose small, round, short potatoes that are a deep orange color.
- Before you cut them, scrub them well.
Here are the things you’ll require to start making these wedges (full measurements are listed in the printable recipe card below)…
- 4 large sweet potatoes (peeled or unpeeled, washed and cut into wedges)
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 spoonful of brown sugar
- 1/2 milligram of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Set the air fryer’s temperature to 380°F.
- Wash sweet potatoes and let them dry. Then, cut them into 12-inch-thick wedges. I reduced my potatoes in half lengthwise, then trimmed each half into thirds or quarters, depending on how big the sweet potato was.
- Pour the 1–2 Tablespoons of olive oil over the wedges in a mixing bowl. Throw to cover.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, garlic salt, and black pepper on top. Mix to coat each steak fry evenly.
- Once the air fryer is hot, put the wedges in the basket in an even way. Do not have too many people. If your air fryer is small, cook the food in two batches.
- Fry in the air fryer for 15 to 18 minutes, flipping each wedge halfway through with tongs.
- Serve with ketchup immediately as a side dish for dinner, or save it for meal prep!
How to save leftovers:
Once the fries have chilled to room temperature, put them inside an airtight container and shop them in the cooler for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: The best way to freeze sweet potato wedges from an air fryer is to freeze them quickly on a baking sheet until they are solid. Then place them in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer for up to three months.
- Thaw: Let them thaw overnight in the fridge before putting them back in the oven.
- Reheat: Put the fries in the oven at 350 degrees F for five to seven minutes to make them crisp.