Is pumpkin pie one of your favorite things about fall? People with dry mouths are often told to stay away from dry, flaky desserts, including pie crust. Also, people with dry mouths are often told to avoid foods with a lot of sugar, and pumpkin pie crusts tend to have a lot of sugar.
How to freeze crustless pumpkin pie?
First, let the pie cool down all the way. Wrap everything tight in plastic wrap. Then, please put it in aluminum foil or freezer bags. Keep frozen for up to three months. Defrost before slicing.
- For the exact amounts, please look at the recipe card. I’ve also added a recipe video to help you through the cooking steps. So, go ahead and watch it.
- Also, don’t leave out the cornstarch. It’s what holds this pie together without a crust.
- I suggest cooking this pie until the inside temperature is between 165°F and 170°F. This makes sure that the results are perfect, creamy, and smooth.
- When the pie is baking, let it awaken at room temperature for at least 3–6 hours before putting it in the fridge. This will make the slices look better and cleaner.
- Also, remember to immediately put the pie pan on a cold surface so it can cool down. If you don’t, the heat from the baking tray will keep cooking it.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 milligram of cinnamon
- 1/4 milligram cloves
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 spoonfuls of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or white sugar)
- a tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can pumpkin puree (29 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups of full-fat cream (room temperature)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread butter on a 9-inch pie dish, about 6 1/2-cup ramekins, or a 10-inch pie dish, which is bigger.
- Cinnamon, ground ginger, cardamom, salt, baking powder, and cornstarch should be put into a large bowl. Whisk in the maple syrup unless everything is well mixed.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Whisk until it’s all mixed.
- Add pumpkin puree, cream, and butter that has been melted. Whisk until it’s all mixed. Cleanse the sides and bottom of the vessel with a rubber spatula.
- Add the mixture to the pie dish that has been set up.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in an oven that has already been heated. Or until the pie has set and the middle is just slightly loose. The sides should be puffy and golden brown.
- Take the pie out of the oven and cool it on a rack. After it has cooled down completely, please put it in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream on top.
Spray the bottom and edges of the pie pan up to the edge. As custard pies do, the pumpkin pie would then rise as it bakes. Then, as it cools, it will settle.
Coating the sides to the edge keeps them from sticking. I have used a routine depth pie pan. Do not utilize a deep-dish pie pan. Ensure eggs are at room temperature. To warm them up quickly, cover them with warm (not hot) water in a bowl.
Let them sit for 5 minutes or until you can’t feel the coolness anymore. Near the end of baking, check to see if the pie is done. If you stick a knife in the middle of the pie and it comes out clean, it’s done, even if it looks slightly jiggly. The filling will solidify as it cools.
Let the pie cool before you cut it and serve it. If you want to serve it later, let it cool completely on a rack before putting it in the fridge. Bake on a baking sheet with a light color. Dark baking sheets get hotter and cook food faster because of this.
Don’t burn it too long, or it will break. It can be created a day ahead of time. Ideal for busy cooking days like Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie (FAQs)
Can I use pumpkin pie filling from a can to make this?
Yes, you can use a canned version if you don’t have much time. But I believe you should create it yourself. So, you know what goes into it, allowing you to control the flavors and spices. In the end, you’ll have the best pie.
Can I do it ahead of time?
Yes! Follow the stages in the recipe and leave off the whipped cream. Let the pie cool completely on a wire rack after it has been baked. Then, put aluminum foil over the dish in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just add the creamy cream on top when you’re ready to serve.